This video project was to facilitate an in depth conversation about sexual assault on our campus and the culture of living at Rice with different backgrounds. A series of video interviews was conducted in DMC Video/Photography Studio.
- DMC resources used:
- DMC Video/Photography Studio
- Sony HXR-NX5U NXCAM Professional Camcorder
- Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head and 546B Tripod System
- Sennheiser MKE600 Condenser Shotgun Microphone
Rice Thresher featured this project at http://www.ricethresher.org/article/2016/02/critical-thinking-in-sexuality-task-force-releases-website-video-series
- User’s Comments: “My name is Angela Masciale and I’m a graduating Senior from Hanszen College majoring in Political Science. My experience using the DMC resources has been a rewarding experience. I wish I would’ve known about the ease of renting materials and completing projects with the help of DMC staff. Our project under the Critical Thinking in Sexuality Task Force relied heavily upon the grace of the staff, their patience, and their incredible resources. We rented out cameras and the private production room for two whole days for over 20 hours of filming. Not only were the staff critical in helping us set up the room, but the student employees were very patient with us when we had an issue arise. After our project was edited [we] premiered our videos in the Kyle Morrow Room to open student discussion on the impact and subject matter of what students at Rice have to say about issues regarding sexual assault, consent, and general education. Thank you again,” – Angela Masciale